Get Adobe Flash player


Skip Navigation Links.

View Blog

What To Do After A Car Accident

Mar 1

Written by:
3/1/2013 5:32 PM  RssIcon

First, you should call the police and report the accident.  Then a police officer will arrive at the scene of the accident and conduct an investigation.  Be sure to tell the police officer your version of how the accident happened.  Insurance information will be exchanged.  Then the at-fault driver will be cited and you will be given a case number and accident report number.  If you are injured, be sure to tell the police officer.  He or she will ask you if you need emergency medical treatment.      

Second, you should go to the hospital if you are injured.  Don’t wait to get medical treatment.  If you are injured, you should get medical treatment as soon as possible to prevent your injuries from getting worse.

Third, you should report the accident to your own insurance company.  If you are injured, be sure to tell a representative from your insurance company that you are injured.  However, I always advise clients not to give a recorded statement unless it is absolutely necessary and when I’m on the phone with them.

Fourth, get a copy of the accident report.  Sometimes you can get a copy online or you may have to physically pick it up from a police department.  Call the police department and ask if you have any questions on how to obtain a copy of the accident report. 

Fifth, call an experienced personal injury attorney like me, John Hurst.  I am here to help.  I have a significant amount of experience in handling personal injury car accident cases.  I am a former insurance defense attorney who used to defend personal injury lawsuits on behalf of insurance companies and their insureds.  Several years ago, I decided to switch sides, preferring to help people.  Now, I use the knowledge and experience I obtained from representing insurance companies to get excellent results for my clients.  If you have been a victim of a car accident and are injured and have any questions about your rights, please call me.  There is no charge, and I am here to help you.    


Contact Us

Enter the code shown above
* Required

Search Blog

The Law Offices of John W. Hurst, P.C. represents clients in the metro Atlanta area, including Smyrna, Vinings, Marietta, Mableton, Kennesaw,Douglasville, Cobb County, Villa Rica, Paulding County, Alpharetta, Fairburn,  Sandy Springs, Fulton County, Roswell, Decatur, DeKalb County, Lithonia, Druid Hills, Dunwoody, Tucker, Duluth, Acworth, Fayetteville, Lawrenceville, Norcross, Chamblee, Snellville, Woodstock, Gainesville, Morrow, Carrollton, College Park, Peachtree City, Riverdale, Newnan, Conyers, Covington, Canton, Milton, John's Creek, Stockbridge, McDonough, Buford, Cumming, Athens, and other cities and counties throughout the State of Georgia.